Kids, Solar Panels and Sunscreen Make Jordan & Justine's Weekend Adventures: Go Go Green a perfect Summer Read for Elementary Students: Young Adult Author Tanille Takes Children on Fun and Educational Journey on the Quest to Go Green
Jordan & Justine's Weekend Adventures: Go Go Green features our favorite adventurous characters, Jordan and Justine, who are part of a Go Go Green campaign in their community. Through this campaign, they teach young readers about the environment, how to take small everyday steps to save energy, how to participate in helping their community, and why it is so important to care about the Earth!
The multicultural cast of characters in this book also explores how Native American culture works in harmony with the environment for resources and how modern living negatively affects the environment. The book will also explore teaching children new words in Spanish.
As we prepare to make Earth Day every day of the year, Tanille offers some tips on getting kids to help protect the environment:
- Don’t waste water. Teach children to turn off the water while brushing their teeth.
- Turn off the lights. Ask kids to turn off the lights when leaving the room.
- Plant a garden. Have the kids help grow lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli and herbs in the backyard. The food tastes better and there are no pesticides!
- Recycle. Enlist kids to help sort out things that can be recycled – paper, plastic, glass and aluminum. You can also show kids that you buy products made with recycled ingredients.
- Compost. Have the kids put their leftover food – apple cores, banana peels, etc in a compost bin that can then be used as garden fertilizer.